Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Long Awaited Post

I know it has been FOREVER since I posted last but in my behalf, I have heard many people say that a blog is like journal keeping, which I NEVER have been good at. Therefore, I no expectations of being good at blogs either, hahaha!!! We are just busy in our busy but non-exciting lives.

News Going on in Our Lives: Justin trained a 2nd employees to close (we have a member gal who closes 2 nights a week and a Sat. once or twice a month but is a fulltime BSU student and can only handle so many hours) and so it was great cause this 2nd gal wanted to work nights and Saturdays, which is hard to find. So after having so much hope of seeing Justin alot more, we were very upset to hear that she was completeingly being dishonest after only her 2nd night in charge. After reviewing our cameras and being filled in by other uncomfortable employees, her and another gal were fired. So, I guess we should be content having him home the 2 nights a week for now. It is nice to still work with him most Thursdays (10-3:15) though.

Happier and Braggy News: They do this testing with the kindergarteners on their letters, sounds and segmenting words and Katelyn scored the highest in her class. They will do the same testing in May and when they sent home their scores, they included scores of where they hope all the children will be then. Well Katelyn's scores were almost double what they expect for the spring!! She is doing so good in school and loves it! When she is mad at me she says "I wish I were at school right now so I didn't have to see you cause I love it and my teacher is nicer than you!" If she were as sweet as she is smart? Just kidding, I love her to pieces.

One More Thing: This will be rather boring to the reader but to me this was big. When we moved here the end of July, we found out that we had 90 days to take the Idaho written test to get new licenses. As most of you may know, I stress over EVERYTHING. Well, after 7 1/2 months of stressing, I finally took the stupid test. Justin took it the day before me to give me a heads up (how many questions, how many can I miss w/out failing, where do I go, etc). I was just so worried that if I didn't pass on my 1st try, they would keep my WA license since I was past 90 days. Well, as it turns out, once again, I worried for nothing, got a 40/40 and have my official Idaho drivers license and my picture is even GOOD!!!!! Oh and Justin passed too!

8 comments:

Live everyday to its fullest said...

Finally you posted you WEENY! That is so sucky about your employees! Gosh that must suck! And that is sooooo exciting about Katelyn! Way to go smarty pants! And WAY TO GO on the divers test...its only hard when you 16 after that its a peice of cake! Are you comming to Spokane this summmer? Hopefully we will get to see you!

arah said...

FINALLY! And you did have something to post about, you turkey! I remember having to hire employees before, in a management postion I had a LONG time ago. I hated it, especially when you think they are great and find out otherwise.
GOOD JOB SMARTYPANTS, KATELYN! Doesn't it make you feel like agood parent when your child is doing so well? Miss ya~

Renee' P said...

I'm happy to see that you joined the blogging world again! We missed you. Your life does sound very very busy! Cute cart pics!
How is your new life now?
If you don't have it, my blog is:vrpendergrass.blogspot.com.
Come see me!

Heather said...

Oh bummer about the employee, Shane and the other mangers always hold bets to see if the applicants will pass the drug test. Sadly many do not. Way to go to Katelyn. I always knew that she was so smart. She is so aware of things. I am sad that she wants to be at school, I remember when she wanted to be at my house cuz her mom was mean. LOL Good job on your driver’s test. I am sorry that you worried so much about it, don't you know that people in Washington driver better than people in Idaho---Ok now I am going to duck and run. hahahahaha Love you Lori--Glad things are going good for you--I still miss you, wanna go shopping and hide something in my trunk again?

The Barney's said...

Responses: yes Ashlie, we will be to Spokane in June and August, and I'll definitely call ya when we are there. Arah, it makes me feel good to know Katelyn is ahead but poor Logan will be the most behind kindergartener in his class next year I am SURE. And I miss you too, like crazy and GNO!!!!
Renee, thanks for the blog address. I need to have Justin add it to my list of visited blog although I havent done much of looking at anyones recently. Life looks like it may be slowing down a little and I look forward to seeing everyones blogs. I read on Heather Chapmans blog today that you are going to get to stay home fulltime! Awesome for you!! Love Lori

kim said...

We had to take a test here as well. I don't even want to admit how long it has been since I had taken the test. You're quicker than I was though. I think I was over a year--call it denial.

Don't think of a blog as a journal, think of it as conversations with friends. Maybe that will make it easier to post.
We have missed you!

Sam and Jill Family said...

Lori, yeah, I am glad that you posted. It is good to hear how you are doing down there. The kids look good and that is exciting how well Katelyn is doing. Bummer about the girl you hired. I have some fun pictures from just before you left that I need to send. I sure miss ya. Have a great day!

Uberly Ewe said...

That is sad about the employee. I had something simular happen to me when I was manager of the Hallmark store several years back.
And that is such great news about your daughter!
And I know how you feel about the drivers license though, because I felt the same way when Bryan and I moved to Spokane from California. It is always more scary then things end up being.