Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Children Are Too Honest Sometimes

So as many of you know, I am on another weightloss venture. Two years ago, to the month, I also started hardcore workouts and Weight Watchers and lost 34 lbs. in about 3 months. So after another child, a drop in workouts, due to our move and the crazy schedule that has come with it, I am about 25 lbs heavier than I want to be. I started almost 2 weeks ago, doing my workouts and counting Weight Watcher points. I have lost almost 6 lbs. and feeling happy with that but of course not anywhere near satisfied with my body. So here comes the far too honest part...The other night I had gotten done working out and showering, when Logan walks into my room as I am gettimg dressed. He stops and looks at me with a puzzled face and asks, "Someday is dad going to get fat (than hesitates for a second)... like you're kinda fat?" I had to laugh and call and tell Justin. Although, I didn't take it too personal, sometimes my children are a little too honest.

16 comments:

arah said...

don't you just love it! Especially when they say something in front of someone else about them...GREAT!

Live everyday to its fullest said...

HAHA kids are too funny! I am so glad to hear that you didn't take it personal...as you said sometimes kids are too honest. Good for you on the work out thought 6lbs WAY TO GO! I'll be in desperate need of weight loss after this pregnancy is done!

Cindy said...

Kids are great. we were at costco not long ago and Jeremy and Kylee were walking behind and Kylee tells Jeremy I have a big bottom. Oh well, let it be more motivation right. You look great!!!

Wendy said...

That is funny. Logan cracks me up. Kids are too honest, at the same time its quite refreshing. Like when Katelin told me I had big teeth.

Heather said...

I love your kids. Crack me up!!!

Becky said...

That is hilarious. Kids are way to honest. Marcus told me very matter of factly and seriously that "the reason mommies can't run fast is because they are fat". True- true- I can't run fast because I HAVE gained a bunch of weight (though I could never run fast anyway). Good luck with your quest- I have recently started one of my own with an intense step aerobic class- phew- it will get me into shape!

Oh- by the way- I love your blog!

Renee' P said...

Hi Lori! It's Renee' from Spokane. I got your blog from Heather's blog and I am a blogger too, so hopefully you can add me to your list of people. Sorry to hear about your car accident. You look really good and your children are gorgeous. Keep in touch!

Heather said...

Hey you-- you need to update your blog more than once a month. So I started a family blog, you will have to check it out. Hope things are going good with you and the little loves!!

www.heathershane.blogspot.com

Love ya
Heather

Uberly Ewe said...

I LORI!!!! Do you remember me? Brenda Nugent? I found your blog off off Becky's new blog!
I will enjoy reading your old posts and seeing what you all have been up too. I also have some exciting news to share. Check out my blog and you will see.

Heather said...

I tagged you, go check out my blog!

www.heathershane.blogspot.com

kim said...

Hello???? Are you still there? We're missing you and wanting another update on your cute little family!!!!

Jeff and Holly said...

Wow! I didn't even recognize your kids when I saw the pictures! They are all so grown up and cute. I am glad to see that you are liking Idaho.

arah said...

time to update, Lori. i know you get on here because you leave comments on other blogs...you've got have something to say!

The Barney's said...

OKAY, i know its time to update but I forgot how to load pictures and I really dont have anything interesting going on right now, just busy! It will be soon though. Lori

Wendy said...

We're waiting!! I'll show you how to do pics tonight.

Heather said...

Anyone want to take bets on when Lori will update her blog???