Monday, December 8, 2008

Diapers Are Done (at least they better be!)

For quite sometime now, Tyson has been going peepee on the potty but DEFINITELY not consistantly enough to be in underwear or close to being potty trained. He'd been going at least twice a day in the potty and in the last couple of weeks, he has started telling me "pee'd" EVERY TIME he pees and once in a while he would tell us he has to pee and makes it to the bathroom before he goes in his diaper. I kept hoping that this was a sign that he was getting closer to being ready to really potty train. But I haven't wanted to push him. I just want him to be ready and DO IT.. One of Tyson's little friends just turned 2 in Aug. and she is totally potty trained now. Katelyn was in underwear just barely after she turned 2 and Logan was by 2 1/2. Tyson was 2 1/2 in Oct. and I've been ready even if he hasn't been.
So here's the good news. Saturday afternoon Tyson told us he had to "pee!" and he has been telling us and has been dry ever since. He's in underwear!! (pullups when we leave, for now) and he even woke up dry the 1st night and has been dry after naps. I barely have to ask him if he needs to go. He just yells "pee pee!!" and runs for the bathroom. Can I just say that I am so excited and this better be it!! Now that we KNOW he can do it, there is NO going back! Way to go Tyson!!! Oh and that means no more diapers for the Barneys (at least for a couple years)!!!!!

4 comments:

Bree said...

HIP HIP HOORAY FOR TYSON! That's such a cute picture of him shown off his unders!

Mary Child said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!!! I never learned how to potty train. I've never trained a kid- my kids wear pull-ups 'til they're 3+

Liv is NOWHERE near being potty trained! You are SO LUCKY!!!

Congratulations on the milestone, little Tyson! (He is SO CUTE, Lori)!

tara said...

I might send Boston to you when it comes time to potty train. Chase was THREE AND A HALF when he finally figured it out - I was SO sick of diapers by then!

Live everyday to its fullest said...

YEAH!!!!! Thank heavens for Potty training! EXCITING!@!!!