Thursday, January 3, 2008

We Are Hoping For A Safer New years!

So we ended up having a few unexpected injuries or incidents happen in the last 3 months but we are all alive and well. It all started in October when Justin had to get 6 stiches in his foot from an eliptical injury (but not from when he was working out on it). I won't mention which one of our children stepped on the pedal, not knowing his feet were on the floor by it, and it came down, hit his foot which knocked it off it's track and sliced into his foot. Sorry for the gruesome picture but most of you have given birth and I thought you could probably handle it. It was very painful for quite awhile but was in the best place it could have been on his foot and was able to keep up at the store, but with some limping. Thankfully, he's just fine now though!!



November was my lovely car accident in Spokane, which could have been MUCH worse. I was just left with a sore neck and bad headache and Tyson was just fine.


December brought both boys ear infections. Logan was put on amoxicilan and after using it for a full week, broke out into a rash. I took him back in and they said he had a "non allergic reaction" since it happened after a week. They had me stop the last 3 days and put him on something new, including benedryl, which he lived on for a week. This top picture was within a few hours of the rash starting. The bottom picture was the next morning.

This is how bad it got all over his entire body. His ears, hands and feet were so swollen and red. I had to drowned the poor boy in calimine lotion. He was so itchy and sore that he didn't sleep well and felt miserable. It was really bad for 3 days but lasted about a week total. I will be a bit hesitant when a doctor mentions amoxicilan for him in the future, although they said he should be fine trying it again someday.

Katelyn's last day of the year accident...On New Years Eve, we had to stop by the store so Justin could print out some end of the year reports, which should have taken like 20 minutes. Well the kids started running around and I kept telling them to stop, settle down, and we'd be on our way soon. They were anxious to get to our friends, the Bernards, where we were going to spend the evening for some New Years Eve celebrations. But of course my wild kids didn't obey and Katelyn tripped on the tile and fell, hitting a metal rack. It split her eye brow open quit deep. After a couple hours in the ER, and Katelyn being so brave, she luckily only needed 2 stiches. I hope she learned her lesson about running and messing around in our store. Despite the extra stop, we did end up enjoying the rest of our New Years Eve!


So our family has had a few bad things happen to us this last year but I am totally aware that all our situations could have been much worse. But for the fact that they weren't, we were greatly blessed and thankful.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

You guys did have some incidents didn't you. We're glad that we got to spend new years eve with you guys and that you had somewhere to send your kids while in the ER. Hopefully this year will be filled with a lot less "incidents"

Emily said...

When it rains, it pours!
Love the Christmas pics. too. We did Chinese take-out on New Years Eve & thought it might be our new tradition too!

kim said...

At least you'll remember this New Year's!!! I am so lucky, we have never had to go to the ER for other than an ear infection. I don't do well when there is a lot of blood--I get nervous and an upset tummy. Since Kevin has been in Portland, we have had only one major injury and thankfully, that happened when Kevin was home. That was posted in October on my blog. (I know there is a way to put in a link to it, but I do not know how). Hopefully everyone is feeling good and less black and blue!!! Here's to an injury free New Year!!! Love ya!

arah said...

Geez! Maybe it's because you moved to Boise. It's an omen telling you to move back to Spokane...I'm kidding!
Have a wonderful New Year! How is the store doing? Miss you!

Live everyday to its fullest said...

Yeah I hope you have a safer 2008 as well....I can't believe all that! Well at least you all got through it. I hope all is well! Happy New Year! Tell Logan Hello from Chloe!

Becky said...

Hi Lori! I have had so much fun looking at your blog. You HAVE had a busy couple of months. I hope all goes well in Boise!

Heather said...

Stop beating your family up!!!

Mary Child said...

So Lori, I guess we're not friends anymore! I saw your page via Arah's page & was utterly shocked that you are online now. I had no idea you moved to Boise or what the "store" is or that the Bernards are there too. I guess you've got too many people to keep in touch with now... It looks like your family is doing well. I can't believe how big Katelyn is; I don't hardly recognize her. Well good luck with all you have goin on and Happy New Year.

The Bullocks said...

Your poor family. that is so sad. that same thing happened to my Tyson when he took amoxocilyn (sp?) he got horrible hives everywhere. it's so sad. I am so paranoid to give it to any of my kids now because it was so bad. I'm so glad you've started a blog. I need to get Ryan to add your link to our list (I haven't figured out how to do that yet.) I can't believe how big your Tyson is. your kids all look so cute. good luck with the new year.