Friday, May 9, 2008

Quick Trip to Utah

As normal, I am posting this a month late but why would I shock everyone and change now. My parents and little sisters came to visit for a few days over their spring break and during that time, we went to Utah for 2 days. My sister Karen is seving a mission at the Salt Lake Temple Square Mission and just loving it. She got permission to meet us and give us a tour of Temple Square, the Beehive Home, and go to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It has been 8 years since I have been there, and more like 15 years for my parents. I just love the spirit that you can feel there and knowing that apostles and disciples of Christ dwell all around you, thinking of the work the early saint put into building such an amazing Temple, and feeling so blessed to have the knowledge that we do! My sister Karen is the missionary with her hand on Logan (for those of you who don't know her). It was funny, so many other sister missionaries would see us and freak out about how much her and I look alike (although I have a good 20 lbs on her and at least 3 inches shorter-in this picture, I happen to have tall shoes on and hers are flats, so our height looks closer).Justin and I personally think this picture of our kids all looking at Christ, is so cute! We listened to the audio thing you listen to while in this rooom and then my sister and her companion both bore their testimonies.This was the morning we were leaving and saying our goodbyes which was happy and sad at the same time. We left SLC and ran to Provo to the BYU campus, so my sister Sarah, who graduates next year, could see it and then we found the Provo Plato's Closet that our co-owners brother owns. We did a little shopping, ate lunch, and got back to Boise about 9:30 pm. My family left the next day and I had to work at the store, come home to clean house, go to Girls Nite, and then the next morning Justins dad and brother Michael flew in for 4 days. It was a busy 10 days but overall, very fun and wonderful to be with our family. This last picture is just for fun: Mike and the kids wearing a little BLING BLING on their teeth??!!!

13 comments:

Sonnet and Cameron said...

Hey girl!

Thanks so much for calling on my birthday. You are looking great by the way! Did Karen happen to see me staring at her at General Conference? I saw her right after the afternoon session singing outside the convention center. She is looking so happy.

Becky said...

Looks like you had fun in Utah. I always thought a mission on Temple Square would be the best- you could be a tour guide and meet people from all over the world- and still share the gospel. Oh- and by the way- your sister does look like you, but with dark hair! I loved the picture of your kids looking at the statue of Christ. How neat for them. Miss you!

arah said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Mary Child said...

Cute post! Your little sister is adorable just like you.

Glad you were able to have such a great visit with your family. I don't know what I'd so without mine.

Heather said...

Oh I love your sister. I had forgotten that she was going to go on a mission. How fun for her and for you. I love the picture of your kids and Christ. Just look at that when ever you get frustrated with them LOL....seeing your pictures makes me miss you so much!

Erin McSpadden said...

great picts lori, it was good to hear from you!

Wendy said...

When I first scanned the pictures and saw Michael with silver teeth I first thought, "wow, Michael got braces and they're not looking too good." I'm glad they were just a little temporary bling bling. The spirit on temple square is very strong. I love going there.

Gina said...

Hi Lori! It's been almost a year since you moved and since I last talked to you. I'm glad I found your blog so I can keep in touch with you and see how you guys are doing. I just started a blog so you can check it out when you get a chance. I'm glad you guys are doing good. Hey, did you know they closed Huckleberry's?

Mary Child said...

Little Lori, you sure don't post very often, do you? I'm always pleased to see your comments on my blog though! Thanks for dropping by.

And, yes, it is CRAZY that Logan and Ivy will be in Kindergarten in the Fall. It is unbelievable. I feel like Ivy is growing up faster than Gage did!

arah said...

oh Lori, I know you've done so much since this trip...like come to Spokane! time to update lady!

kim said...

You could have walked to Utah in the amount of time this post has been up. C'mon Lori, we need more frequent updates. We know you have cute stuff to post!!

kim said...

Just wanted to wish your post a happy 2 month birthday!!!

Heather said...

LORI BARNEY are you freaking kidding me???? Update your blog you, you , boob!!!!!