Monday, October 20, 2008

1st Day of School

I know, I am a slacker mom. I just remembered that I never posted the kids 1st day of school pictures. Katelyn is in 1st grade now and Logan is in afternoon kindergarten. Logan has Katelyn's teacher from last year and we just love her. I was a bit nervous about sending Logan to school this year. He just turned 5 the end of July and school here in Boise starts the end of Aug. So far he is doing good but I have a feeling I am going to want to have him repeat kindergarten. I'd rather him be the older in the class than the youngest and I'd rather him do kindergarten twice than possibly struggle in a couple years.
Cute Katelyn waiting outside her classroom door.

Logan on the playground while he waits to line up for school.


I was shocked that the boy 2 down from Logan is in kindergarten. He is 6 now and a foof taller than Logan is.

This is Logans 2nd day of school but we drove him on the 1st day. This is of him before leaving to get on the afternoon kindergarten bus. (We live a 1/2 mile from the school which is a walking district but they don't want the afternoon kindergarteners walking alone so they bus them to school. Then we either walk to pick both kids up or on colder days and winter, we drive. Luckily I have a friend to carpool with and it works out great.) The bus picks him up just a house down from us where there is another little boy in Logans class.
What a big kid?! It was crazy enough to know I was old enough to have 1 kiddo in school but now 2. Where does time go??

This last picture I had to post. Tyson looks so silly. He wanted to get on the bus SO bad. I think he cried the first 2 or 3 days when Logan got on the bus and I had to stop hikm from running out in the street to get on the bus. He also put this backpack on for the first 2 weeks of walking Logan out to the bus and still does occassionally. Unfortunately for him, he still has 3 years until his turn, poor kid.

9 comments:

arah said...

that is the most adorable picture of Tyson. What a ham.
julie was going to have Cody repeat Kindergarten, but he did so well and is in 1st grade this year. His birthday is also in July and he is one of the youngest in his class. I guess they are just going to see how well he does this year.
Katelyn is jsut growing up. What a beautiful girl.

Mary Child said...

CUTE pic's, and I agree, that is an AODRABLE picture of your little Tyson. It's so weird that you have a kid I've never met!!!

Amber said...

Lori! I was so happy to hear from you. It was funny too because I was just talking about you the other day. Joel and I were discussing how you and Justin moved to Boise to run/manage the Platos Closet. It looks like you guys are doing great. Your kids are getting so grown up and are so cute! You look great too! And no, you are not a slacker mom...just a really busy mom of three. Don't you love back to school. It is great for the kids and moms. I am sure Tyson loves having his mom all to himself too!

Becky said...

I love the picture of Tyson!! Lillian was the same- she wanted so badly to get on the bus with Marcus and Cynthia- she still has FOUR years until she starts- what am I going to do with her???

I think you did the right thing putting Logan in Kindergarten this year - - especially if it is half day. We even put Cynthia in Kinder this year- and she just turned 5 in August - - and we even have full day Kindergarten! It was a huge adjustment for her- - but she is doing GREAT. She was totally ready to start. I guess see where Logan is at the end of the year to see if he needs to repeat. I am guessing he will be just fine!

Becky said...

Oh- I was also going to say that I helped the other day at the school when they were doing hearing and vision screeings- I did the height and weight. Two of the classes I did were Kindgergarten, and I was AMAZED at the the variety of sizes of the kids. There was one kid that was only 31 pounds and 36 inches - - he was tiny! There were a few other ones who were as big as the second graders I did! Because Cynthia is one of the youngest, she was one of the smaller ones, but not by that much. There were tons of other girls the same size as her.

Sonnet and Cameron said...

I'm with Mary, I have never had the pleasure of meeting cute little Tyson. What a doll! Can't believe you have a 1st grader and a kindergartner. Miss you guys!

Renee' P said...

Very cute pics! Love the pic of Tyson. He is getting so big!
Better late than never on posting! LOL

Stephani said...

Hey there Lori, I read your blog, hope you don't mind. :)
Looks like you guys are doing great down there and enjoying your business, how cool.
So I just read on Renee's blog that your sis-in-law just had twins, and so now I'm curious which of Justin's sisters?! How sweet, I'm glad they're doing well so far for being so tiny.

Cindy said...

I love that picture of Tyson. He looks so cute and the way he is holding is backpack straps it looks like he is giving the camera a thumbs up. Very cute. It's amazing how time flies. It seems like just yesterday Jeremy and I just got married and we moved into the Pines ward and you had just had Katelyn and now she is 7. WOW!! Hopefully we'll get to catch up with you and the family when you are up for Christmas.