Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cute, but oh so poopy, Chics



Through the month of May, Katelyn's kindergarten class watched baby chics and ducklings from eggs in the incubator, to hatching and then watching them grow the last few days of school. Any kindergarteners that could, got to take a chic or duck home and since only a couple of parents let their child take one home, and me being the nice mom that I am , hehehe funny huh, let Katelyn take two. Well, to say the least, they are so cute but boy do they poop like crazy!!! I was cleaning it up all the time so my kids wouldn't reach in their bin and get it all over themselves. But they grew so fast, we only got to keep them about a week and a half and 5 of those days, my wonderful friend Wendy and her son Ethan watched them for us, since we went to Spokane. They were fun while it lasted.

3 comments:

Mary Child said...

CUTE!!! I don't think I would enjoy the poopy part, but those chicks are ADORABLE!

I can't believe how much Katelyn is starting to look like Justin. Maybe it's her coloring that's throwing me, but she looks so grown up Lori! I guess babies don't keep...

Uberly Ewe said...

They do look cute, but yes, the poopy part would not be fun. It is good to let the kids experience life and how some baby animals grow. You are a great MOM to allow two chicks in your home.

Mary Child said...

I forgot to tell you that the photo collage's on my blog are done with Adobe Photoshop. It's a program you buy (I got it at Costco) and you install it onto your computer. I need to take a class to learn how to do everything with it. It is an AMAZING program but not very user-friendly.