Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back to Spokane for a Visit

Right after the kids were out of school the beginning of June, we went back to Spokane for a short visit. Our1st full day there, we met at a McDonalds for a playdate. It was so nice to see everyone. I miss my Girls Nite group so much. They are all such wonderful friends whom I truly miss. It was also nice for the kids to see their little friends. I apologize for all the pictures being a bit blurry. I dont know what was up with my camera.
That Friday the 6th was also Justins birthday. I had planned a surprise BBQ at a park (that I even paid to reserve it) for his 30th birthday. However, the whole time we were in Spokane, it was cold, windy, and rainy, and I needed to find a alternative location. So thank goodness for our good friends, the Stephensons, not only for housing us and feeding us while we were in town but offering her house for the birthday event since it was way to cold and rainy to do it outside. The party did not end up as a surprise but still was wonderful and it was great to have most of our family there.

The next day was Justins little brother Michaels high school graduation but 1st that morning, Katelyn and I attended the local childrens theater, where my niece Kiersten was in the play Anne. She was an orphan. It was so cute!!



Justin picked us up, we grabbed a quick bite to eat before rushing over to the Spokane arena for Michaels graduation.

Justins family waiting for it to start. Grandma Barney with Tyson. Still waiting...
Me and my cute nephew (Heathers son) Braden. And waiting...

Well, then the graduation happened but none of my inside pictures of Michael walking turned out cause it was to dark.

Sunday we went to 2 sacraments, the 12th Ward and Pines Ward, then we enjoyed a fun
evening at Heather and Bretts house, where we had dinner and played games.
Grandma Barney with Tyson and his cousin Braden.We found out during this trip that Braden is going to be the big brother to twins in December. Now we are waiting to find out their sex!!

Our friends, Matt and Megan, who we stayed with, have a son Ryan who is 2 months older than Katelyn. Meg and I were pregnant together so they have known eachother since birth but have only seen eachother a few times in the last couple years due to several moves. But they hit it off right away and became inseperable. They were almost immediately holding hands, hugging, say "I love you", etc. It was cute but we sure had to keep an eye on them. We'll be staying with them again next month when we go back to Spokane for my sisters wedding (in Cheney) so we'll see if they take over where they left off?????


Sorry for so many pictures. I could have done 10 times as many but it takes so long, I'd bore ya to death and they are blurry ????? But we had a great time and excited to see everyone in Aug.

If only they were this quiet all the time or even a 1/4 of the way to or from Spokane!!


9 comments:

Gina said...

I missed you when you went to Pines ward. It must have been one of the weekends we were out of town. Darn! Well at least we can still keep in touch through blogging!

Jandre said...

yeah, so no one told me about this play date....good thing I saw you at church, otherwise I never woulda known you were in town!!!!!!

Mary Child said...

I'm so jealous you got to see everyone in Spokane. I CAN'T BELIEVE LILLIE HAD ANOTHER BABY! I thought they were going to be done with 2. How is Lillie? I really, really liked her. And Arah, and Cindy and little Karen Pixler? How could you all hook up without me? I'm so jealous!!!

Renee' P said...

I wish I knew you were in town. It would have been fun to join the playgroup. Let me know next time you're here. Glad you had a good visit.

Sonnet and Cameron said...

Your sister is getting married? Which sister? Is Karen home from her mission?

Ann Marie said...

Lori!! Hey!! Wow I'm finding everyones blogs today!! This is great!! Looks like you and your fam are doing so well!! What do you mean you visited spokane?? You don't live here anymore?? Sad day! Dang, I don't even know these things! Ha! Guess I've been away for too long. Anywho glad you are doing so great! Glad I found your blog! Yah!

The Greene Gang said...

Hey Lori-you look great! Good for you! Give the kids are love-we sure miss them! Emma keeps asking me if she can go back home all the time-and I think she is referring to Idaho since that is where we spent the majority of our time that she could remember!

Wendy said...

Well I guess I'm a month late but it sounds like you guys had a really great time.

The Greene Gang said...

Okay, Lori-you are officially LAME!!! I can't believe you haven't posted ANYTHING in TWO months?! Yes-you need to get going!